Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Like Mother Like Daughter?

I love summer, but I really don't like the fact that it stays light outside for so long. Well, I enjoy it on the weekends but not during the work week. It makes it hard to get Brynlee to bed at night. She wants to stay up later. But we still have to wake up and go to school and work in the morning! She's not difficult to put to bed, but she doesn't want to stop watching her TV shows in the evenings. I've been reading books with her before bed and that helps, but she still huffs and puffs about going to bed. She does not get that from me, that's for sure. I love going to bed.

Last night we didn't go to bed until 9pm. Normally she goes to bed around 8pm. She was SOMETHING ELSE this morning. First of all, I got up to use the restroom sometime early, early this morning. I heard a kick at my bedroom door. I opened the door and she was laying on the floor with her pillow. She had even fallen asleep like that. Sorry, no picture. I didn't even turn on the light much less get my phone and take a picture of her. It was cute though. I woke her up and asked her what she was doing. She said, "I sweep wit you. I tired." Great. So I had her go potty and put her in bed with me. I let her sleep while I got ready for work and when I turned on the bedroom light to get dressed, she was mad. She told me she's not going to school, she doesn't want to get dressed, and turn off the light!!! I told her that she needs to put on shoes and she can go to school in her pjs. She flipped out about that. She fought with me the entire time getting ready. Crying, saying she wanted Daddy, and refusing to let me put her clothes on or do her hair. Messy bun for the win! She even crossed her arms when I tried to put her shirt on her. Grrrrrr. She didn't want to brush her teeth either. This kid...Normally she's pretty easy going so when we have these "rough" days, it sucks.

She cried and cried and just wanted her Daddy to put her in the car. So he did. She cried while I drove down the block and then THIS is what this kid told me. "Mommy, I cryin' cause I sick. I coughin' cause I cryin' and I cryin' cause I sick. *cough cough* I stay home today, no school. Cause I sick and I cryin'." Yeah, I get that. But you're also being an asshole and I definitely don't want to stay home with an asshole.

I am rubbing off on her. I tell her in the mornings that I don't want to go to work. So she has started saying she doesn't want to go to school and she doesn't want Mommy to go to work. Unfortunately, we've got bills, ya know? Like the rest of the world.

Here's some cute recent pictures of her...not being an asshole.

Brynlee and her baby.
I love this heart dress! She had dandelion petals in her hands.

Brynlee and Rita.
Sock bun! It didn't last long. :(
Brynlee is a Rangers fan!
Brynlee's new teacher at daycare taught her how to say "Darvish! Darvish! Darvish!" It was funny. I tried to get her to show Joey, but she wouldn't do it. PITA. Here's a funny video of her at dinner one night. She cracks me up. She's really focused on that chicken gravy sandwich she is making...



I can't believe she will be 3 years old next month! She is so smart and funny.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, thank you for posting this because to me being called an asshole is pretty bad, I would rather be called the b word, the f word, and sometimes even the c word. I know, probably weird, but that's me. Anyway, sometimes my kids (all three of them at the same time) start having a really bad time with their behavior and I think to myself "Y'all are being such assholes!" Then I feel bad for thinking that my kids are being assholes. I would never call them that so they could here, I just think it sometimes and seeing that you thought it too makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually bothers me when parents (mostly Moms) act like parenthood is all sunshine and rainbows. Children can be jerks. Most of the time they are not malicious or doing it just to get on our nerves, but they can still be jerks. They throw fits. They are unreasonable. They just focus on what they want and not what Mom or Dad says. Brynlee is pretty good 90% of the time, but 10% of the time she is a super asshole. Yesterday was like that and today she was back to that 90%. So when I say she's acting like an ass, I mean it! lol

      And I can't believe you'd rather be called the B word or C word! Those are way worse to me, lol

      Delete