Monday, June 23, 2014

Nice weekend!

Oh how I wish weekends were longer! Of course, I am not willing to work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday in order to have a 3 day weekend every week. I was working 9 hour days in order to work half days on Fridays and that sucked. I can't imagine how tired I would be to stay an extra hour every day. I get to work at 7:30 so I can leave before 4 every day. 

I had a nice weekend. I took Brynlee to the water park near my house on Saturday. My sister and her baby met us there. For the first 35 minutes, Brynlee was not happy to be there. I am not sure why. She didn't want to walk in the water, get on the slides, or swim. She just wanted me to carry her. And boy does my back still hurt today! I've slept horribly every night due to the lower back pain. After a 10 minute break sitting at the table watching other kids have fun, she finally decided to have fun, too. I wish it wouldn't have taken her so long since we were really only there for a couple of hours. Also, it is OUTRAGEOUS how much they charge to get in! Brynlee was free since she's under 3, but my adult ticket was $16.99! They get you that way because they know adults are going to bring their kids and not just send them by alone. It's still crazy expensive. We did pack a lunch, but you're also not allowed to bring in any outside food or drink. We really didn't want to have to load our stuff, lose our table, and go out to the warm car to eat. So I just went ahead and bought us lunch and a drink to share. We got a small pizza and a drink for $16! WTF. Outrageous. The park was fun though.

Mama and Brynlee
Shelby and Laynea
The water park wore me out! I know it's okay for me to be exhausted right now since I am growing a human and all, but DAMN! I felt so drained. I took a nap and then Joey's Dad came over to see our house and go out to dinner. Brynlee loves her Grandpa. Joey's brother, Eric, and Grandpa look A LOT alike. Brynlee kept calling him Eric! She'd say, "Eric, uh Grandpa..." It had be laughing. I kept telling her that's not Eric, but I can see how she would be confused. Of course, Brynlee had to sit by Grandpa at dinner and bug him, haha! It was nice to sit next to my hubby for once...except his big arms were in my way making it difficult to cut up my chimichanga!

Brynlee & Grandpa
It rained A LOT on Sunday. I am thankful for the rain, but I'd rather stay home all day. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to do that. We had to get our grocery shopping done. Otherwise, we are tempted to eat crappy fast food during the week. We don't want that especially because Joey has been working hard to eat right and lose weight (more on that later). I put Brynlee's hair in a cute little side pony tail (which she said she wanted) and then she promptly removed it. KIDS! That's not a battle I am willing to fight so I asked her if she wanted to wear a headband instead. She did. She chose a cute little headband to wear out to lunch.



No smile. All of the pictures were blurry where she was smiling. I don't mind letting her express herself as long as she's not throwing a rip roaring fit. Plus, she looks cute with her little Minnie ears on. <3 We had a nice, healthy lunch and then went grocery shopping. Brynlee kept telling us she didn't want to go to the store. Joey made me laugh because he said he understands that she doesn't want to go, but she has no choice. We give this kid a lot of choices. It was POURING when we got to the store so Joey dropped us off at the front of the store while he went to park. Brynlee got upset and said the storm was going to take Daddy. I had to explain to her that he was just dropping us off at the store so we don't have to get wet. Then she said, "But my Daddy get all wet!" Well, that's the price you pay when you're the Daddy. Ha! We spent the rest of the day just hanging out around the house. Joey made a bunch of chicken (10 pounds worth in 4 different marinades) so we have plenty of chicken for the week. Brynlee has been playing with her baby dolls a lot lately. I think she is gearing up to be a big sister. We do talk about it often so hopefully she will enjoy her new role.
Putting her baby to sleep, changed her diaper, and cuddling her.
It's pouring today. I am very thankful that I park in a parking garage every day! I didn't sleep well last night and then Brynlee woke up at 5am. I've had a raging headache that just won't go away. It started sometime in the middle of the night. Since I can only take Tylenol, I doubt the headache will go away any time soon. I need Ibuprofen! Anyway, I was already having a bleh kind of morning. I got dressed in a baggy top and a long sleeve cover up thing knowing that my office would be chilly. Brynlee cheered me up by telling me she likes my bubble shirt (it has circles on it) then she shouted, "POP! POP! POP!" It was funny. She didn't throw any fits while getting her dressed, brushing her teeth, or telling her to turn off her TV. I had to wrap her in her rain coat and carry her to the car. When we got in, she thanked me for carrying her to da car in da rain. Sometimes she's a sweetie. Once we got to school, she told me she wanted to go back home and cuddle with Mommy on da couch. Sorry kid, no can do, but I'd like to do that!

By the way, I've hit 12 weeks today! I guess that means I should tell my boss sometime soon. When's the proper time to tell? My co-workers know so I feel like it's just a matter of time before someone spills the beans in front of her on accident. I don't want that to happen, that's for sure. I see the high risk OB tomorrow afternoon and I see my regular OB next Monday. I'll probably tell her sometime shortly after that.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment