Sunday, March 13, 2011

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family...

I had a great weekend. We invited the family (my sisters and their partners, Joey's parents and step-parents and grandparents) over on Saturday for a BBQ. Joey woke up at 6:30 in the morning to start a brisket. He cooked it all day and was really proud of it. Everyone brought a side and I finally got to make pasta salad and eat a ton of it. Nana didn't get to come because she's not feeling well so we missed out on hanging out with her. Today we just did our normal stuff: grocery shopping and being lazy around the house.

The ultrasound is in 2 days. I am trying not to get too excited because I will be crushed if little baby decides to keep the legs closed again. I am hoping that he/she doesn't because that was really upsetting the first time. Plus, I am paying $100 + gas, lunch, etc in order to take this trip. Hopefully we (Ashley and I) will get to see our cousin Brittney and her two kiddos when we are headed back to Wichita Falls. I do have good news: we've picked out her name if she is indeed a girl. We both loooove the name. Joey didn't know that it was my first choice and when he said he really liked the name, I got little butterflies in my tummy. We haven't really decided for sure on a boy's name, but that's probably because we're both pretty much thinking baby is a girl.

I started our online baby registries/wish lists, but haven't made them public just yet. We registered for our baby bedding/nursery stuff at JCPenney and everything else at Target. We know that we'll probably end up buying a lot of the stuff ourselves as we go along since most people don't go off a registry anyway, LOL. At first, I had Amanda Watts and Joe Petrosian as the registrants until I realized that my name will be Amanda Petrosian on Saturday. =) My sister did point out that not everyone on the invite list will know how to spell my new last name, LOL. Here's a picture of the baby bedding we chose. The green and brown is really gender neutral (neither of us are big "pink or blue" fans) and it would be great for a boy or girl:


Thanks to Janet, my mother in law, I now have something borrowed and something blue for the wedding! Since I'm wearing champagne pearls for my necklace, earrings, and on my bracelet, she is letting me borrow a single pearl ring as well. She also bought me a sexy blue garter for my something blue. =) I really do have great in laws and I'm lucky to have chosen them, LOL. Joey's mom bought me a gorgeous bouquet and boutonniere (I had to Google to spell that) for Joey. As I mentioned before, Joey's dad and step mom are taking care of the reception for us. 

6 days until the wedding and 2 days until the ultrasound! 


1 comment: