Monday, March 7, 2011

Shy Little Sweet Pea

So here's the complete update:

Little Sweet Pea must have been tired and totally not interested in showing us the goods. The baby wasn't moving around much, was pretty much sleeping, and only kicked me a few times. We couldn't get any good profile pictures because the baby was hiding the face and seemed to be in a bad mood. Probably because Mommy was so nervous today and threw up quite a bit before going to the appointment! Joey did enjoy seeing the baby's foot do those little karate kicks though. The ultrasound tech said she couldn't tell us for sure, but that she was leaning towards girl. She did not see any definite boy parts, but sometimes they hide them especially since our little baby decided to cross her legs at the ankles and sit on her legs! Yes, I said her. She is stubborn, but already acting like a little lady. I was really disappointed to leave the clinic not knowing 90% (you never know 100% until the baby is born anyway) what our little baby is. I have waited this long to find out only to...not find out for sure. I have had a lot of difficult emotions today and have shed quite a few tears--probably more than all of the days of this pregnancy combined. I didn't feel like waiting for the pictures and CD so I chose to just pick them up at my next appointment so I don't have any pictures for you today. Sorry!


My next appointment is at 21 weeks on March 23rd. My placenta is lower than what is normal (can cause complications with delivery) so they will have to do another ultrasound (or more) to monitor it and make sure it goes back to normal. I googled the low placenta thing and in 9 out of 10 cases found before 20 weeks, the placenta goes back to normal on its own. Since they have to do another ultrasound, I'll get another look at the baby and her lady parts. I am going to call my OB and see if they can schedule the ultrasound for the same day as my regular check up so I don't have to miss anymore time at work (and so we can try to see the gender again).


On a happier note, we have our temporary marriage license:


We will be married in less than 2 weeks! I am still waiting for the bolero/shrug for my dress and it should be here tomorrow. Then I found out last night that Joey's Step-Mom, Jeanne, is really going all out to plan a wonderful reception for us as well as sending invitations out to the family. I was picturing it as just a small, BBQ type party, but it is nothing shy of a real wedding reception including center pieces, flowers, music, photography. She is even having a wedding cake and groom's cake made for us! Now if only I could pick a song for our first dance...


No comments:

Post a Comment