Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey! You Kicked Me!

So after I published the post from earlier, I was overcome with excitement...Baby Brynlee KICKED ME!!! Not once, not twice, but over and over. Then she moved a little to the right and started kicking me more! It was seriously awesome. Then she slept all day. This isn't MY belly, but isn't this kinda...creepy?


Speaking of baby, I forgot that I haven't updated you guys lately on how far along I am and doctor's appointments, etc. I am 22 weeks and 1 day as of today. I can't believe that I have 18 weeks until my due date. It is absolutely crazy. Hopefully she will come towards the end of July. I wish I could pick the date that works with my schedule, LOL. Before the 20th week, babies are measured from crown (top of the head) to rump (her bottom). After 20 weeks, they are measured from crown to heel. So from 22-24 weeks, she is approximately the size of a papaya. (I am kinda sad that I won't get to update a new fruit for a few more weeks.) Usually I eat something related to the fruit of the week (unless it's something I don't like such as sweet potatoes), but I don't even know what a papaya is. I guess I should google it.
I have to say that one thing I miss about pre-pregnancy is sleeping on my stomach. I toss and turn from side to side all night long. I have to sleep with a pillow in between my legs to balance out my hips so when I switch sides, I have to switch the pillow as well and it is such a hassle. 

As far as my low lying placenta, I talked to the OB at my appointment on Monday. He said that basically it is reason to get another sonogram. :) He said that, in most cases, as the uterus grows and pushes up toward my chest then the placenta typically follows and goes back to a safe range. They want to give my uterus time to grow before scheduling another ultrasound. Also, I've only gained 2 lbs. Now I FEEL like I've gained 20, but it's only because my body is moving everything around to accommodate this growing uterus with this baby inside! My next OB appointment is in 4 weeks at 26 weeks. Then I will go back during my 28th week for another ultrasound. That gives baby some time to get a little bit more fatty and more human-like. =)

I was going to post a picture of an alien baby until I looked on google images and um...creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment