Busy weekend
It was a busy weekend! First, Brynlee had her 9 month check up Friday afternoon. She weighed in at 19lbs 12.8oz and is 29.25 inches tall. She is still in the 75th percentile for weight and went up to the 90th percentile for height. I knew she seemed taller than a few other babies she is around. Her gums are really swollen and the nurse practioner said she should be getting some more teeth soon. She "showed off" to the NP by copying me, showing that she can take steps, and showed off her big smile. The NP and nurses love her. The NP told me that Brynlee "should be crawling". She asked me a series of questions regarding milestones. Yep, she crawls. Yep, she pulls up on things. Yep, she holds her own bottle and sippy cup. Yep, she cruises across the furniture, stands on her own, and takes steps. The NP was surprised and said, "Wow? Already?!" She always says she is so smart. (She must get it from her Mama.) We can start introducing whole milk into her diet. We can start by giving her a little at a time in her sippy cup. If she doesn't like it, then we can try doing the half and half with whole milk in her formula bottle. The NP said most infants like whole milk better than formula because it's sweeter. All Brynlee drinks is formula and water. I don't want her to have juice for a long time. I can't stand to see parents who let their babies drink tons of juice. It ruins their teeth and gums! Every kid I know that chugged juice as a kid ended up with cavaties, silver teeth, etc. I don't want that for my child. Anyway, so good appointment. I have myself a happy, healthy little girl.
We rushed home to finish packing for our mini getaway. I planned to go to see Josh Abbott Band in concert Friday night with sister-in-law and mother-in-law, but it was going to be a lot of driving. We would've checked into the hotel and got ready, drove from Arlington to Midlothian to drop off the girls with one of the Aunts, and then drove from Midlothian to Mesquite for the concert. Then we would have had the make the drive back to Arlington. Plus we had to be up early for the Mother-Daughter Tea party on Saturday morning. So we decided to skip the concert. Instead, Janet stayed at the hotel with the girls while Lacey and I went to a sports bar with Joey's brother, Eric and his fiance, Penny. We had way too much fun!
Janet got us up at 7am! Eek! It was rough after being up so late. The girls were great sleepers and didn't give Janet any trouble. Brynlee woke up at 7am, but she didn't wake up crying. She was just talking away in her pack 'n play. Isn't it crappy funny that she always wakes up with a poppy diaper for me, but no poopy diaper for her Nona? The Mother-Daughter Tea party was fun and I was happy that my mom came. My mom, Janet, and Ruth (Joey's aunt) all won door prizes! How funny. I never win anything. They all won tea sets. My mom gave her prize to Brynlee. <3 So now she has her own tea set to use someday.
I tried to make semi-healthy food decisions when we were out of town, but it sure was hard. We had Jack 'N The Box on the road and then we had On the Border for lunch after the tea party. I haven't gone for a run since last Tuesday! Just last week, I said that I could and would never go 3 days without running again and here I am...almost a week. Last week was a rough one. I just had a hard time exercising. I was in sort of an emotional funk or something. Exercising always makes me feel better, but actually getting up to do the running just made me even grumpier. :/
I've got to get back to it so tonight I will be hitting the track!
When you hit an emotional funk, how do you come out of it? How do you make yourself put on your running shoes and pound the pavement?
I've given Carter juice a couple of times, 3 parts water, 1 part pear juice, when he's having problems relieving himself. It clears him out almost immediately. I agree on the bad teeth and gums, he usually just gets breastmilk, formula and water :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't run but when I'm in a funk, I either grab a good book and spend all my time reading it, usually cuddled up with my baby. When I'm done with it, I feel a lot better. Either that, or I do something I've been wanting to do but haven't made the time for, like taking Carter and the dog to the park, playing tennis or taking a road trip somewhere. I hope you get out of your funk soon!
Well I didn't mean occasional juice. =) I meant the parents that just fill sippy cups up with juice and hand it over to their babies.
DeleteI do love to read and have been reading a lot more lately, but that's my relaxing hobby.
The best way for me to get out of my funk of not wanting to run, is just to force myself to go for a run. I'll allow myself one skip day but then I make myself do it the next. I just know that when I start skipping it all the time I won't start up again and next thing I know it'll be 2 months and I haven't run at all. So now I just put on my shoes and go, even if I don't really feel like it.
ReplyDeleteI've got to figure out how to force myself to do it. :/ I really enjoy running so it's not really a chore. It's just when I am in a funk, I'd rather just lay on the couch with a book. I have no excuses. The best way for me to stay out of a funk is to exercise.
Delete