6 months from now, I don't want to have to add a new "starting" weight to MFP. I want to be proud of myself for staying on track. I want to be proud of myself for running races, competing, and continuing to push myself to work harder. 6 months from now, I don't want to look back and regret the previous 6 months...like I do now. I don't want to have to restart a workout regimen. I don't want to go backward. I want to continue to move forward. In 6 months, I want to be proud that I've accomplished multiple goals. I want to be proud of how I feel. I want to be happy with the strength of my body and how far I have come in 6 months. I will get there!
Last night, I started Week 2 Day 1 of C25K. I'm not going to lie: I was nervous. I posted yesterday that Week 1 is alternating run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds for 8 sessions plus a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. Week 2 changes to run 90 seconds and walk 2 minutes. I was nervous about the 90 seconds because I'll be honest here, during Week 1 there were times that that 60 seconds seemed like for-ev-er. But...I did it. :) I pushed myself and I ran every time, the whole time, when I was supposed to. I actually ended up running/walking 2.07 miles so I am slowly getting better. During Week 1, I got up to 1.81 miles so I am slowly improving. Don't get me wrong, I am slow. Very slow. But I will just continue to improve. On the last run session, I was seriously talking out loud and telling myself to run. No one was near me so nobody could hear me (not like I would care anyway), but it really helped me. 90 seconds of running doesn't sound like a lot, but it seems hard when I am doing it. I cannot wait to get back to running 3+ miles at a time.
![]() |
| C25K Week 2 Day 1, 6.18.13 |
If you don't have a heart rate monitor watch, I definitely recommend one. I would list it on my "must have" list for runners. If you don't run or walk, but do other forms of exercise such as classes like Zumba or something then I would recommend a PolarFt. I have the PolarFt4 and I like it, but since I mostly run outdoors, I just use the Forerunner. I got mine used on Amazon and it was totally worth the price! I also bought the Foot Pod for indoor running on either a track or a treadmill. When I went to Planet Fitness, I always used the foot pod while running on the treadmill. It is WAY more accurate than the guesstimate on the treadmill. Sure, it's probably right on the distance and pace, but it's not very accurate on the calorie burn.
So my point is this....6 months from now, you WILL see my improvements. You will NOT see a post saying that I am starting over!
What are you doing for exercise today?



No comments:
Post a Comment