Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Useful crap

Good morning sunshine!
 
 
Brynlee and I started our morning out with some breakfast (cereal for her, egg whites and Spark for me) and then went for our morning run. And let me tell you WHAT...it is freaking hot in Texas. I checked the weather at 8:30 and it was already 78 degrees again. It said it would be 81 by 9am. Ugh. So we headed out at about 8:45. It was hard. It was hot. I felt like giving up a few times. I felt like walking when my C25K app told me to run. I felt like stopping on the side of the street and sitting on the curb. But a few things kept me going...

1.) I am competitive. So I do not like to give up. I like to push myself. I like to motivate myself in my head. I like to tell myself, "YOU CAN DOOOO IT!"
2.) My awesome playlist. It just makes me want to move. Of course, I had to skip a few songs (like this one, sorry Mom) since I had Brynlee with me.
3.) I was already out there! Why on Earth would I get all suited up (more on that later) just to quit?

I made a calendar yesterday detailing the workouts I want to stick to for the rest of the month. I am going to hang it on the fridge and mark them off as I do them. That is also another way I stay motivated. It is honestly very easy for me to "get in a rut" and stop working out. I don't want to keep doing that crap. So I am going to post the calendar on the fridge today. So far, I am 2 for 2! I know it's hard to read. I just wanted to show you my calendar. It has the C25K Monday-Saturday with Sunday being a rest day. Of course, I can have a rest day any time I want, but I figured Sunday would be my favorite. It alternates arms and legs and has the RipDeck app daily. I plan to begin the 30 Day Shred starting July 1st.

Yesterday, I did the Ripdeck app (look it up, it's cool). It's based on a deck of cards. I did the beginner's workout. The cards are only the numbers 2-10. Each suit is a different workout. I can't remember which is which, but the beginner workouts are jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, and squats. I can handle plenty of jumping jacks and squats, but I am super sucky at push ups and sit ups. The goal is to get through the workout fast with very little breaks. The cards are random so you may do 3 sets of push ups in a row. THAT SUCKED. Jess over at Operation Skinny Jeans told me that if I am having a hard time with the push ups then modify, modify, modify! I definitely cannot do more than 2 regular push ups. So I was doing "girl" push ups. Then those started to get hard. She said she sometimes puts her feet up on the couch and does it that way and sometimes she does wall push ups. Good idea! So I am planning to do that workout each day.

I also did this arm workout yesterday. I also added a few more arm exercises in there. I can feel it today! I am planning to alternate arms/chest and legs/back/butt.

So today is legs day. I am going to do this sexy leg workout today. I love my legs. I mean, they aren't perfect, but I have always had nice legs. I just want them to be sexier. :)


I never really realized how much crap I need when I go for a run. Until today. I could not find the shorts that I wanted to wear. I was searching all over my room. I dug through the dirty clothes basket. Finally, I found them. No, they weren't dirty! :) Here's all of the things I need when I go for a run:

1.) Underwear and sports bra (duh)
2.) Compression/bike shorts so my shorts don't ride up
3.) Shorts
4.) Lose, long tank from Academy
5.) Running top
6.) Compression sleeve for my right leg
7.) Socks
8.) Tennis shoes
9.) Heart rate strap for Garmin
10.) Garmin
11.) Brady Band
12.) iPhone
13.) Headphones
14.) Jogging stroller (when Brynlee comes)
15.) Nathan water bottle waist pack thing (when I run alone)

It's a lot! Then when Brynlee goes, I have to get her ready. That also includes putting sun screen on her and bringing her a snack and a water bottle. Today, I forgot the snack and water bottle, but she was fine until we got home.


I know that by the time I complete the C25K, I am supposed to be running 3.1 miles. I feel like I am never going to get back to that. I know I will if I stick to the plan, but that doesn't change the fact that I look at my Garmin that says I completed 1.80 miles in 30 minutes today and I feel like I will never get 3.1 miles in 30 minutes. I feel like I am just sooo slow. I have a long ways to go, but at least I am doing it!


What are YOU doing for exercise today?

No comments:

Post a Comment