I know it looks like a glob of poop on top of my of my oatmeal, but it is delicious. I buy the individual Jig To Go cups because I like that they are already measured out. If I have a jar of peanut butter, forget 2 tbsp, I will eat like 20! So I just eat the Weight Control oatmeal, Fat Free milk, and the individual cup of PB. After I heat the oats, I add in the scoop and it just melts right in when you stir it. So good and very filling!
On to my goals from last week and how I did!
1.) Drink more water--Did much better at this one, but not as good as I want to so I am going to continue to focus on drinking more water!
2.) Exercise 5 days this week--Didn't accomplish, but came close! I exercised 4 days. I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, went swimming all day Thursday, skipped Friday, ran on Saturday, and spent all day Sunday at my mom's for Father's Day.
3.) Eat more veggies and protein, less carbs--Eh, I did get more veggies in, but I didn't really get much protein in. So I'll continue working on it!
I found a quick, filling dish that I am in love with. I buy the individual serving cups of brown rice (am I lazy or what?) because they are measured out AND because they taste awesome. I just pop it in the microwave and then add an avocado, a few diced grape tomatoes, and Cajun seasoning. HOLY CRAP, it is delicious. I've been eating Cajun seasoning on brown rice for a while, but never thought to add tomatoes and avocado. I added green onion one day, too. Delicious!
On Saturday, I woke up ready to go for a run. Last week, I did C25K 4 days. I like to change up my running place. I just don't want to run the same boring path day after day. So I went down to one of the junior high schools nearby. I've driven by it multiple times and it is such a pretty path. I got there and there were locked gates blocking me from driving in to park. :/ I decided, "Well...most likely the school won't catch on fire on a Saturday so I may as well park in this no parking, fire zone..." I parked, started my C25k app, started my Garmin and off I went. :) I know...such a rebel!
I know, I know. I am slow. I am only one Week 1 of the C25K (starting Week 2 today). So I know 1.81 miles in 30 minutes is not great, but Week 1 is mostly walking. If you've never done the C25K app, it starts with a 5 minute warm up walk, then alternates jogging 60 seconds, walking 90 seconds for 20 minutes, and then ends with a 5 minute cool down walk. I have been pushing myself to continue alternating jogging and walking during my cool down walk. Week 2 changes to running 90 seconds and walking for 2 minutes. So I am hoping I can do it! I am pretty good about pushing myself especially when I have a timer going. I look at my phone app A LOT to look at the timer. It's probably a bad habit for some, but I feel like it motivates me to keep going and work harder.
I am looking forward to beginning Week 2, but I kind of feel like I won't be able to run the 90 seconds. I didn't work out for about a month. Bad, I know. I am very, very bad about getting off track when "That time of the month" is here. I always feel so achy and crappy and I let myself get off track. I eat tons of salt and just get lazy. But I didn't let that happen this time around. :)
My goals this week:
1.) Drink more water (again)
2.) Complete Week 2 of C25k this week
2.) Complete Week 2 of C25k this week
3.) Really keep track of the food that goes in my mouth via MyFitnessPal
4.) Make good choices! This goes for eating and exercise
I am going to leave you with some cute pictures of Brynlee because well, she's cute! :)
What are you doing this week?




No comments:
Post a Comment