I am using the C25K app and I love it. I love that I can listen to SkinnyMeg's playlist on my Rhapsody app and the app talks to me through my headphones. She tells me when to run and when to walk. I do need to get an armband for my iPhone though. I had one for my iPhone 4, but it is somewhere in storage and I have an iPhone 5 now so I doubt it would fit right anyway. Okay so I went out to run and started around 9:15ish. It was already almost 80 degrees outside! Luckily, there was a little bit of a breeze--sorta. It was very, very hot. My right leg was hurting very badly. That's the leg that I always get shin splints. Ever since I started using a compression sleeve on that leg, I don't get shin splints, but my leg still burns. I am able to push through it then stretch it out after my workout, but it does hurt while I work out. Either way, I felt great when I was done! I love being able to say I went for a run. I love being able to push myself when I just don't want to. I've got to keep going!
I have got to set some goals for myself for this week.
1. Drink more water
2. Exercise 5 days this week
3. Eat more protein and veggies, less carbs
I have got to make the goals happen. I am good at making up excuses. Like it's too hot to take Brynlee out in the jogging stroller or I would rather run by myself. I can come up with lots of excuses not to exercise, but I can also come up with lots of excuses TO exercise. Like uh, I don't want to be fat. LOL
My sister-in-law just made our grocery list/meal plan for the week and we're going to go to the store soon. She also bought a new high impact sports bra (she's a little top heavy, LOL) so that she can work out with me. I am excited. I think I work out better by myself, but I do like having an accountability partner.
What are your goals for this week?
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment