Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Wedding Story

button

Today, I am doing something a little different. I know you probably get bored reading about my slow running reports. Today, I am linking up with Melanie & Holly to tell you all the juicy details about my wedding.

Joey and I started dating in July of 2008. I graduated from Texas Tech in December 2008, moved back home the day after graduation, and Joey and I moved in together in this crappy little 2 bedroom house in February 2009. We moved in to our 2nd house in November 2009 because we hated the first crappy house.

In August of 2010, we started talking about having a baby (didn't talk much about marriage). I decided to get off birth control in September of 2010, buuuuuuuutttttttt chickened out. So I got off the pill in October. We found out I was pregnant two days before Thanksgiving. WHAM BAM, Thank you ma'am!

We started talking about getting married. Well, I kind of made Joey think seriously about marriage. He had told me a few times (drunkenly) that he did not want to get married because we would just get divorced and I would get all of his shit. Uh, I think he was a tad bitter about his parent's divorce after something like 26 years together. So in January, we went to look at rings and to get my finger sized because I had no idea what size I'd wear. He wanted me to pick out a style that I liked. I didn't know that he was going to buy it right then and there!


My sweet little engagement ring. We got the bridal set, but I didn't have that on obviously. So there was no real "proposal" or anything. Joey's step-sister wanted to take "engagement pictures" for us. So we just snapped a few pictures. Joey didn't have time to shave or anything, LOL.


 
 

Can't you tell this is a shotgun wedding? :) We decided to get married before I was too big ole pregnant. So we settled on the weekend after Spring Break (since I worked at a junior high at the time). We chose March 19, 2011. I was 20 weeks pregnant, but finally through the every day throwing up stage of my pregnancy. My mom was living in North Dakota and my youngest sister was living in California so neither of them would be there. My Dad passed away when I was in high school so obviously he would not be walking me down the "aisle".

There wasn't much planning. At all. I was never one who dreamed of my wedding day or anything. To be honest, after my Dad died, when I thought of getting married, I just thought about him not being there to give me away. So my wedding wasn't much of a big deal to me. Plus we were already knocked up so I knew we were stuck together, LOL! My dress was from Ross and cost $20 bucks. My shoes were from JCPenney, my bracelet and fake pearls were from Claire's in the mall.


No bridal pictures in my gorgeous, expensive dress! ;)



We got married at The Falls at 3pm, I think. It was freaking HOT. Seriously. I was sweating and right before we went to get married, Joey squished a bug on my dress!! He was trying to get the bug off (I guess it was on my bouquet), but ended up smooshing it. I was seriously so pissed off. I almost cried. Okay, maybe I did cry.


Joey's mom, Janet, putting on his boutonnière.

 

My brother walked me up the aisle/stairs. My sister-in-law, Paige, was taking pictures so we didn't have a photographer or anything.

 
And I guess it's a done deal now!

 
It was family only since our wedding wasn't a big thang. The guests were: My brother Kyle and his wife Paige. My sister Ashley and her fiancé Mark. Joey's Dad and Step-Mom, Mom and Step-Dad, Grandparents, and his brother Eric and his girlfriend Penny. Missing were: My dad, my mom, my sister Shelby and her husband Cody, and Joey's sister Lacey and her fiancé Brandon.

 
 My favorite picture of us.

 
My beautiful flowers.

 
 
Joey's Dad and Step-Mom wanted to host a small reception for us. Here is our delicious cake. We had lots of homemade food and hung out with family. Joey's Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins came to the reception.
 
 
The married couple.
 
There ya have it. Our wedding story.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dress! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Danielle. It sure was cheap! :) I have worn it to other functions and how many people wear their wedding dress again? Haha! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete