Thursday, June 27, 2013

Share the goods

I don't typically "review" products, but I figured I'd share one of my favorites and a new one that takes some getting used to.


First up......SPARK by Advocare! This stuff is delicious! I am not sure how expensive or inexpensive crack is, but this is some good stuff but is a tad expensive. If you buy it at the retail price, it is $51.95 a container for 42 servings. Eek! If you find a distributor who will sell it at distributor's cost or buy it on Craigslist then you can get it much cheaper. I bought some from Craigslist from a guy who was just selling it to get the discount so he wasn't trying to make a profit. That's the way to go. We bought two canisters from a guy Joey works with and he sold them to us for $90 so $45/each. We still have a lot left and it's been a while since we bought them. If you've never heard of it (if you have Facebook, I have no idea how you have not heard of this product) then here's the scoop, (straight from the Advocare website)...
  • The most nutritionally advanced energy drink on the market
  • Sugar-free, long-lasting energy
  • Surprisingly fast-acting
  • Contains 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients designed to synergistically provide a healthy, balanced source of energy
  • Just 45 calories per serving
  • Sharpens mental focus

  • I do have to say that you can taste the vitamins and minerals. It's not smooth like Crystal Light. But the flavors I have, Fruit Punch and Mango Strawberry, are awesome. I've tried Mandarin Orange and didn't really like it. I haven't tried any other flavors. They have a new Watermelon flavor that people are raving about, but I'm not a big watermelon drinker. I can tell a difference when I don't drink the Spark. When I have it, I get things done. I have energy and I don't typically nap in the afternoon with Brynlee. When I don't drink it, I definitely want an afternoon nap and I feel like I don't do much except be lazy and that makes me even more tired. In my opinion, Spark is a winner!

    Next up...

    All Natural Better'n Peanut Butter. I love Peanut Butter and love to add it to my oatmeal (and eat it on a spoon), but hate that it is 250 calories for 2 tbsp! This Better'n Peanut Butter is only 100 calories per serving. My sis-in-law, Paige, found it at HEB so we decided to give it a try. Well, she hasn't tried it yet. She wanted me to try it first, ha! So yesterday, I tried it. I took a little lick of it while my oatmeal cooked. It tastes...different than Peanut Butter. It's not as thick. And it just has a different taste. I can't describe it! Once I mixed it into my oatmeal, it was good. It still didn't taste the same as regular peanut butter, but it blended well with my low sugar Cinnamon and Spice oatmeal. I will definitely not be scooping spoonsful to eat. I am curious if I will enjoy it on a piece of wheat bread or if I will only like it if it has jelly on top. I guess I won't know until I try! It does say to refrigerate after opening as opposed to just storing peanut butter in the pantry. So if you love Peanut Butter but hate the calories that go with it, try this "Better'n Peanut Butter"...even though it's definitely not better than Peanut Butter!

    Last night I did Week 3 Day 2 of C25k and guess what? I felt awesome! It probably helped that I wasn't constantly fighting the jogging stroller. That thing is a beast. I really pushed myself to do work, son. I'm very proud of myself! I made myself push on when I wanted to stop. We didn't leave the house until after 8pm, picked up a friend, and then headed to the Rec Center. It was SO nice outside. My running pace was mostly between 12:00-13:00, but I got a little slow for the 4th running session and got up to 14:14 or something around there. But my legs felt better, my breathing was better, and I focused on my running form. After I finished the c25k, I kept going and at one point, I was running an 11:something pace. It was awesome, but I wouldn't have been able to keep that up for long. I only lasted at that pace for about 2 minutes, lol. We went the "right" way this time and it was a little easier than going the other way. At the end of my run, my thighs were hurting so bad (total chub rub). I typically wear bike compression shorts underneath my running shorts for that exact reason. Well, I was stupid and bought some cute (hot pink) shorter shorts to wear under my running shorts. I guess they were too short because they kept rolling up at the bottom and now I have a small CUT on my left thigh! It hurts so bad. At first, I thought it was chapped so I put my daughter's butt cream on it last night. Today I woke up and it's a cut. :( It hurts. I want to let it breathe, but I really want to put a Band-Aid on it. I will definitely NOT be wearing those short cute under shorts anymore. :/

    Speaking of traffic on a walking/running path: These two ladies and a big boxer were walking against traffic and I was running toward them. Instead of, I don't know, moving to the side...they both took up the entire pathway. They both just kept walking toward me and didn't even attempt to move. You know how sometimes it's that awkward, "Which way do I go?" kind of movement dance off? Yeah, there was none of that. So I had to run off the path, into the grass, to go around them. I have always been more courteous to runners when I am walking. I always get to the side or walk in the grass as to not interrupt their running. Is that just me or is that the respectful thing to do?


    Annnnnywaaaaay, I'm not going to dwell on it *rolls eyes*, but c'mon! /endrant

    I am running by myself tonight because my sis-in-law and brother are going out of town this weekend so she's got shit to do. She's a last minute packer kinda gal. ;) So I will be going up to the hospital by myself. My "PLAN" (hey, plans can change) is to finish Week 3 Day 3, but then continue running until I hit 2.50 miles. It's only 1/4th of a mile more than what I normally do so I think it's doable. I am really working on my distance. I am not so concerned, right now, about getting it done FAST. I am more concerned with the getting miles in! As always, here's my workout photos to track my progress.

     
    Would you rather workout indoors or outside? Do you run by distance or time?

    2 comments:

    1. I get so annoyed by people that won't move over. I probably would have kept running in a straight line and forced one of them to move, or stopped in front of one of the ladies (the one without the dog) :-) and glared at them until they moved over. But I guess that is a little of my road rage coming out.

      I run by distance only. I tried running by time once, but when I was done (or almost done) I couldn't handle being so close to a mile or half mile marker that I ended up continuing so that I had at least the full mile in. I don't mind being over (like 4.12 or 4.6), but can't stand it when I stop just under (like 3.91 or 4.45).

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh I hear ya. I do the same thing. I set my goal to run 2.50 miles this week. On Monday, I did 2.55 miles. That doesn't bother me, but if I would have done 2.49 or 2.45, I would have had to keep going until I got to 2.50 or 2.55. LOL It's so funny how our minds work!

        Delete