We had a nice weekend. After I found out the disappointing news on Friday, my brother and sis-in-law took us out for dinner. They wanted me to get drink.drank.drunk on margaritas, but I chose to have a 96 calorie Miller Lite instead. It was delicious. We took Brynlee to the splash pad at a nearby park on Saturday. She had so much fun! I really thought it was more for little kids, like toddlers, but there happened to be quite a few bigger kids there. I am pretty sure a few of the kids were in junior high! I think that is a little too old to be taking over the kiddie's splash pad, but whatever. She still had fun. I love bringing fruit as snacks when we are out and about on a hot day. Brynlee absolutely loves fruit. Strawberries, grapes, apples, berries, watermelon, all of it. She must get that from me! After the splash pad, Brynlee took a nap while Joey and I watched movies. It was a relaxing day.
Today we just hung out at the house for most of the day. I had a terrible headache almost all day. I felt so tired and so lazy. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap with Brynlee. Then we went to my Mom's since my sister is in town. My mom made spaghetti and I made the salad. It was a delicious meal with good company. I spent the evening talking to my sister about running, eating healthy, losing weight the right way, etc. I guess I got motivated to run when we got home. We got home a little bit before 10pm. I was already in my running clothes so I just geared up and off I went. I felt great. I don't ever run that late, but it felt wonderful outside.
I felt like I was running so much faster than normal, but I guess I wasn't. Since I am doing C25k and it alternates running and walking, I did the first mile in 17 minutes (that was with the first 5 minutes being walking for a warm up). I finished two miles in 32 minutes. So I thought I would get over 2.25 miles in 35 minutes, but I didn't. I was close and all, but not quite where I thought I would be. I honestly started out thinking I would just do a quick mile so I wasn't out so late. I am a scaredy cat, for sure. But I pushed on. I don't think I am quite ready for Week 3 of the C25k yet so I want to get a few more Week 2 work outs in before I start Week 3. I just don't think I'm ready. I just ran in the neighborhood tonight so I wouldn't waste time driving somewhere and also so that I would be close to home. Typically when I run in the evenings, I have a super hard time falling asleep at night. I guess it just gives me tons of energy and keeps me up. Since I ran even later tonight, I hope I can fall asleep. Does that happen to you?
Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? I love looking up motivational quotes that inspire me. I have a few experienced runners on my Facebook and some of them post about their 10 mile runs, their 13 mile runs, etc. I am happy for them and hope to get there someday, but when I post my little 2 mile runs, this is what I think...
My 2.20 miles is 2.20 miles more than some people run.



I agree, 2.20 miles is still 2.20 miles and most people I know, can't run 1 mile, let alone 2.2 miles. :-)
ReplyDelete