Have you noticed any changes around here? :) I've been working very hard to update my layout. It is a lot of work! I've had the same layout since I first started blogging. Since I am working so hard to change myself, I figured a layout change was a good idea, too! I've updated the various pages as well. I am also going to be doing more link ups with various bloggers so stay tuned for that! So what do you think about the layout?
I've mentioned before that I've been having a tough time finding a job. It's depressing actually. I am plenty qualified for lots of jobs in the area and I have applied for all of them. I check CareerBuilder, Craigslist, and Opportunity 501 Job Board daily...multiple times actually. I have been checking the school districts in the area as well. I also spend lots of time every day going to individual websites for various non-profit agencies in the area. That's how I found a few jobs that I have interviewed for because they were not posted on any job sites. So I am putting in the work. Some jobs I do not qualify for because I am not bilingual nor do I have a Master's degree or a BS in Social Work. I have a BS in Community, Family, & Addiction Services. Apparently that's not quite good enough around here. We moved down here in mid-March and I've been searching and applying since before then. I've even applied for various jobs such as Administrative Assistants, etc. I don't know what I am doing wrong. It's very frustrating, to say the least. We had dinner at Taste of Asia last night before we went grocery shopping. I like to read the fortune cookies, but I've never kept one until now. This is my fortune from last night:
I know it doesn't say, "You will get a job this week!" But I had to keep it. I've applied for 11 jobs in less than a week. Two of the jobs have openings for 25 positions and 6 positions. I'm not saying that I am getting my hopes up, but there's a couple of the jobs that I think I would like. So if you're a praying person or a positive thoughts into the Universe kinda person, please send some for me. I'd really appreciate it.
When you hit weight loss or fitness goals, do you reward yourself in any way? I am currently working on my mini goals and a reward for reaching each. For example, when I hit my first mini goal, I want to purchase a pair of Yurbuds. My iPhone headphones constantly fall out of my ears when I run. I have small ears. I've never found a pair of headphones that works for me. After reading a review of the Yurbuds from a real-life person who has ears similar to mine, they sound like they would work for me. I also want to sign up for a monthly membership to StrideBox. It's a monthly subscription for runners. They send you a box every month with various products for runners such as apparel, accessories, and nutrition products. It's $15 a month so I want to "reward" myself with a subscription. I reeeeaaallly want to subscribe now, but that's a no-can-do since I am still unemployed.
Do you reward yourself for meeting mini goals? Or do you not set mini goals? I feel like setting little goals along the way helps keep me on track. It's like taking a long road trip. If you never stop to pee on the way then it makes for a miserable trip. Am I right or am I right? If you do set mini goals and rewards for yourself, feel free to share! I need some ideas. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment