First of all, I woke up today and was utterly exhausted. When Brynlee woke up, I could have sworn it was like 5am, but it was 7:47. I still didn't want to get up. I even changed her, got her set up with Disney Jr., and some cereal. Then I planned to lay down until she was done. BUT then I remembered that it is Weigh-In Wednesday! I got excited to see my progress! A few weeks ago, I decided to start "officially" weighing in on Wednesdays. I like Wednesdays because it's in the middle. Monday is too hard because it's right after the weekend so my number is always a little higher than I'd like it to be. I used to weigh-in on Fridays, but then I would see a low number, be proud, and act like an idiot over the weekend. Otherwise known as slacking. So I am implementing Weigh-In Wednesday with some other fabulous bloggers. I am linking up with some bloggers that I just recently started following so click the link below and check them out!
I think it takes A LOT of courage to share stats on a public blog. It's even more nerve racking since I know a few Facebook friends read my blog. Some of them are going through the same journey while others aren't so I don't think they can really relate. Regardless, this blog is 95% for me. The other 5% is to help motivate others who are in similar shoes. So on to Weigh-In Wednesday...*drum roll please*...
Starting Weight 6/10/13: 205
This Week: 200.8
+/-: (-3.0)
This Week: 200.8
+/-: (-3.0)
Total Loss: (-4.2 lbs)
That's right! I lost 3 pounds this week! Holy crap! I have never done that in a healthy way. I have lost that much when I took Phentermine for a month in 2010, but I did it because it made me not eat, but gave me tons of energy to work out. Anyway, WOW! I was so excited that I took a crooked picture to show you. :) All of my calorie counting and exercising is paying off...who woulda thunk it?
Speaking of exercising, I did Week 3 Day 1 of C25K last night. I had to take Brynlee in the jogging stroller because Joey's doctor released him to play disc golf so of course he had to play yesterday. He's been missing it! So I took Brynlee so he could go play with my brother. My sis-in-law and I loaded up and went out to the outdoor path at the Rec Center. We've never worked out there before. The path is a bit small and we were going against traffic (I prefer it that way and just pretend like we're going the wrong way, LOL). My legs felt like cement blocks. I felt like I just couldn't get.it.together. During Week 3, you brisk walk warm up for 5 minutes then alternate 90 seconds run, 90 seconds walk, 3 minutes run, and 3 minutes walk two times, and end with a 5 minute cool-down for a total of 28 minutes. Well, I've been working out for 35 minutes so I decided to go a little longer. I can normally get 2.20 miles in 35 minutes and some odd seconds, but last night was a bit rough for me...
I should have been able to get more distance since I was running more, but I felt like I was barely moving. As my sis-in-law says, I was "wogging". I was just hardly moving. My first mile was done in 16 minutes so I cut a minute off my usual time, but the second half was horrendous. During the first 3 minute run, I started walking at the last 10 seconds. I KNOW, 10 seconds...come on! Push yourself. But even all of my mental motivation just could not get my body to run those last 10 seconds. Then during the 2nd 3 minute run, I walked the last 30 seconds. So to make up for that 40 seconds, I ran during 1 minute of the last 3 minute walk. So uh, that counts, right? :)
My goal for tonight's workout is to NOT walk during the 3 minute jogs. But tonight I am not taking the jogging stroller so I think that should help. Unfortunately, my jogging stroller was used and it pulls to the right HARD. So I am constantly yanking the stroller back to the left. My right arm always hurts a lot after I work out with it.
So there ya go! My first Weigh-In Wednesday was a success! Go check out the other link ups! :)
What are you doing for exercise this week?



Way to go! 3 pounds is awesome!!!! You are so super close to ONEderland keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThank you! My first mini goal is to hit 199. I can't decide if it's anywhere between 199-199.8 ORRRRR 199 flat, LOL
DeleteSo true! I don't share my blog with anybody in "real" life haha. I typically over-share on the blog and feel comfortable, yet don't feel comfortable with people outside of a weight loss journey who understand where I'm coming from :)
ReplyDeleteI hear ya girl! I decided that I want to be 100% proud of my journey so I also decided, "What the hell?" My real friends love me for me and the others can...fill in the blank. :)
DeleteThree pounds is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was pretty stoked! I weighed like 9 times to make sure, LOL. I wonder if anyone else does that.
DeleteCongrats on the weigh in, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you dear! My hard work is paying off!
DeleteThat is a great loss for the week! You are almost in "one"derland! Amazing feeling :) Thanks for linking up :)
ReplyDeleteI hate the jogging stroller! And I have that same problem with mine pulling to one side. However, I think it gives you a harder workout, making you stronger in the end. Me? I'd rather be weak than have to use the stroller. But that's just me. :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL! I do feel like the jogging stroller makes my arms stronger, but I run slower when I have it. Then I don't have to worry about Brynlee talking to me. She asks a lot of questions, lol.
Delete