I was supposed to get up on Thursday and run before Joey went to play disc golf. But uh, that didn't happen. I've posted a million times about how hard it is for me to get up early to go exercise. I get up when Brynlee wakes up, which is usually by 8:30am. That's not early. I used to have to be to work at 7am and had to take her to daycare before then. So I have gotten a bit
I woke up at 7:45am this morning and Brynlee wasn't in her pack 'n play. Since we're still staying with my brother and sis-in-law, Joey sleeps in the office while Brynlee and myself sleep in the guest room. When we (me and Brynlee) go to bed at the same time, she just sleeps with me. But if I put her to bed before me then she normally goes in the pack 'n play. She is known for waking up, quietly, and destroying the bedroom. So when I woke up at 7:45, she wasn't there. Joey had gotten her last night when he went to bed. So he got up with her this morning. I know that I should have gotten up when I woke up and went for my run so it would be cooler outside, but I didn't. Are you surprised? LOL Instead, I played on my phone for a few minutes and then tried to go back to sleep. I ended up getting up at 8:30. I did go for a run though!
It was just me and this old man out there. He smiled and talked to me every time I ran by him (opposite directions). Except I couldn't hear him since I had my headphones in. The 3rd time I went by him, I took one headphone out and he said, "You are working real hard girl!" I wanted to say, "I could do better!" But I just smiled. I mentioned earlier in the week that my goal for this week is to run/walk 2.50 miles each time I go workout. Then next week I am moving up to 2.75 miles. I plan to slowly increase my mileage by 0.25 miles each week until I am at least doing a 10k. :) That's my goal! When I left the house, I checked the weather outside and it was 75 degrees. At the end of my run, it was 82! My pace was a lot slower today. I really struggled. It was hot, my legs were BURNING, and I just didn't feel like I was doing very well. I did run every time I was supposed to, but I just felt like my mind wanted to do more and my legs wouldn't let me. I really need to get fitted at a running store and buy new shoes, but with me not working...we just can't right now. That is going to be my reward for myself when I DO get a job.
Speaking of jobs, I have an interview on Thursday so keep your fingers crossed for me. I am SO tired of applying for jobs, having interviews, and not getting it. So I honestly don't have my hopes up at all about this one. I know they are interviewing a lot of people because the VP e-mailed me and said they are doing interviews on July 9th-11th and to select a time slot. There were 4 time slots on the 11th, 2 on the 10th, and 1 on the 9th. So I am guessing they are interviewing a lot of people. If I don't get the job, I am just going to start applying for jobs through one of the Temp agencies.
Okay back on track here, I am really struggling to force myself to do the 30 Day Shred Challenge. I am not doing very well with it at all. I decided not to beat myself up about it. I hate doing workout DVDs. Plus, I've done The Shred a few times so I get bored with it. I like to run. I enjoy it. So I am going to stick with that. I like to set goals for myself. That's why I've set the goal to increase my mileage each week by 0.25. That's doable. And it's a good goal. Today I REALLY wanted to just stop when I finished 2 miles. But I didn't...because of my goal. Plus, in my mind I'm like, "Oh...it's only another 0.50 miles. You got this." Do exercise that you enjoy! If you like Zumba, do Zumba! If you like to run, RUN! If you enjoy/don't mind workout DVDS, then you go girl! Find what works for you, and stick with it. BUT don't be afraid to try something new!
Are you exercising this weekend? Or do you take weekends "off"?





This post is exactly what I needed today! I had a really bad past few days. I was depressed and went on a major 3 day binge fest. I love your goal of increasing .25 per week, I think I might steal that. It's amazing that you do all your running outside in the heat. I use the treadmill and watch TV while I'm running. I'm not sure I could push myself to do it outside, but maybe I'll CHALLENGE myself and run outside a couple times this week.
ReplyDeleteGlad I could help! The important thing is to get over the binge and move on. :) I LOVE increasing my mileage at a low and doable amount. It is really helping my endurance. I usually run in the evenings though so it gets much cooler, but sometimes I end up skipping an evening run because we've been busy all day or something. (EXCUSES!) So I am trying to work out in the mornings on the weekends. When I used to have a treadmill, I didn't motivate myself enough. I would do a mile then get off. Or find something else to do. So running outside keeps me busy and entertained, lol
DeleteI don't do challenges well either. I started the 30 day squat challenge 2 times and still have never completed it. :-) I like running, so I run.
ReplyDelete