Friday, July 12, 2013

Sometimes running sucks

Good morning friends! I was a little busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to post anything. I had a job interview in the morning and then a phone interview in the afternoon (with a request for an in-person interview next week) and I also received an e-mail from a 3rd company requesting a phone interview next week so I was a bit busy yesterday. I should have been in a good mood to have all of those interviews, but I was in a grumpy mood because I've just been feeling really tired and unrested. I've been frustrated with the job situation and it's really getting to me. My mom watched my daughter and after I picked her up, all I wanted to do was swing by Taco Bell. And...I did. I counted the calories, but really wish I wouldn't have "wasted" my calories on bad, bad food and a bad, bad habit. I am really trying to focus on dealing with my stress through my running. I ended up using all but 10 of my exercise calories to make up for that Taco Bell fiasco. I usually don't eat back my exercise calories. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.

I just did not want to run last night. My SIL said she was going to the gym to use the elliptical machine. I don't have a gym membership, but her gym allows a 2 week (free) guest pass. I told her I didn't know if I wanted to go to the gym and really just felt like going to bed. I had this back and forth battle in my head trying to decide if I should go. She said she was going to go without me and that motivated me to go. If I have 30 minutes to blog, get on Facebook, watch TV, or whatever else then I have 30-45 minutes to WORK OUT! When you don't want to work out is when you NEED IT THE MOST! So off to the gym we went...

My Garmin report looks a little different, huh? I have the foot pod for indoor/treadmill use, but haven't used it in a long while since I've been running outside. So I hooked it up, but I guess the battery is dead because my Forerunner couldn't locate the foot pod. I am HOPING that is what it is because that's an easy fix. So I went ahead and ran on the indoor track for 30 minutes, but honestly, I know I would have done better if I could see my distance, pace, and calorie burn. I did a 5 minute (fast) warm up walk then I alternated running 1 lap, walking 1 lap, until I hit 30 minutes.

I am so happy that Paige motivated me to go. If she would have said she wasn't going to go then I probably wouldn't have worked out. So I am happy that she threatened to leave me behind! :) That's TEAMWORK! I've said it a million times and I will say it again, Find yourself a buddy!

I worked out Wednesday night as well. I got my 2.75 miles in, but I had a hard time. It seemed like it was SO hot outside, no breeze at all. My legs were hurting, my breathing was rough, and I kept getting side stitches. When I entered my run into dailymile, my pace was only 20 seconds slower than normal so I guess I didn't do that bad. 8:45pm and STILL 98 degrees outside. Ugh!

When you're having a bad day, WORK OUT! Run/jog/walk/dance that stress away. My mood completely changed after just a 30 minute workout.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment