Maybe you've noticed (or maybe you haven't) that I've been a tad MIA lately. My last post was exactly a week ago! What! I had my daughter's 2nd birthday party on Saturday. It was so much fun! She is obsessed with Minnie Mouse right now so we had a Minnie themed park party. It's a nice park with a big, very little kid friendly playground. I rented the pavilion so we had a nice shaded area to play. We had food, a piƱata, and good company. Brynlee was VERY good and had a blast. She was asleep in the car almost as soon as we left and then slept for 4.5 hours after that! I ate poorly on Saturday (hot dogs, cream cheese tortilla roll ups, a cupcake, and lots of diet coke) and then I ate poorly on Sunday as well. I don't know what the deal was. I've been in a little bit of a funk because I found out, again, that I didn't get a job that I thought I really wanted. I am still not always able to get over the negative emotions and do something positive. I've been tracking my calories since then, but I am embarrassed to say that the last time I ran was last Tuesday. I weighed myself on Sunday and saw a HUGE jump on the scale. So even though I haven't exercised in quite a few days, I needed to get back to water drinking and good food eating. It's really hard to post about the hard times, ya know? It's so much easier to share success than failure. Here's just a few pictures from her party. :)
| Brynlee Mouse |
| Her new ride |
| Daddy, Mommy, and the birthday girl |
| Her new Minnie chair |
| Bubbles! |
| Cupcake! |
| Daddy did that, haha |
| Loves balloons! |
Moving on to Weigh-In Wednesday...
Starting Weight 6/10/13: 205
Last Week: 200.2
This Week: 199.8
+/-: (-0.4)
Total Loss: (-5.2 lbs)
Progress! Now I HAVE to keep that number under 200! I just have to. It has taken me 7 weeks to lose those 5.2 pounds. I am not losing as fast as some people do, but that is fine with me. I am just happy to lose. :) I honestly thought I was going to have a dreaded, "I gained 5 lbs" post after my ridiculous weekend and celebrating with Mexican food last night...
What were we celebrating? MY JOB OFFER! Whoo hoo! Yes friends, I finally have a job offer. I am so excited and happy. I just happened to check my e-mail around 10am yesterday and saw an offer in my inbox. The salary is a few thousand more than I was making at my old job, too so now both Joey and I are making more money. I had to go do a drug test yesterday and fax my signed letter of acceptance. Now I have to wait until my results come back for both my drug test and background check (no problems with either of those). Then my supervisor will call me to tell me my official start date. My offer letter said "on or about August 5th". So I have to go turn in the paperwork to sign Brynlee up for daycare. I already called to make sure they have a spot for her. Now I just have to turn in the paperwork and pay for next week. It's going to be bittersweet sending her off to daycare again. It's good for her, it's good for me. I just know that I will miss her a little ;) I have been home with her every day since mid-March. She is used to being home with me even if she gets a little bored sometimes. She is VERY social so I know she will love going back to "school".
What were we celebrating? MY JOB OFFER! Whoo hoo! Yes friends, I finally have a job offer. I am so excited and happy. I just happened to check my e-mail around 10am yesterday and saw an offer in my inbox. The salary is a few thousand more than I was making at my old job, too so now both Joey and I are making more money. I had to go do a drug test yesterday and fax my signed letter of acceptance. Now I have to wait until my results come back for both my drug test and background check (no problems with either of those). Then my supervisor will call me to tell me my official start date. My offer letter said "on or about August 5th". So I have to go turn in the paperwork to sign Brynlee up for daycare. I already called to make sure they have a spot for her. Now I just have to turn in the paperwork and pay for next week. It's going to be bittersweet sending her off to daycare again. It's good for her, it's good for me. I just know that I will miss her a little ;) I have been home with her every day since mid-March. She is used to being home with me even if she gets a little bored sometimes. She is VERY social so I know she will love going back to "school".
Joey has a softball game tonight at 6 then I am going to go run after that. I had a drama queen meltdown last night when Paige and I were going to go to the gym because my Garmin strap broke. Uhhhh, meltdown! I am so used to wearing my watch when I run. I feel like I wasted a workout if I don't have it, lol. I know, drama. I am going to superglue the buckle to the strap so I hope it works until I can order a new strap. But yes, I HAVE to run tonight. I just have to! I can't let that 199.8 creep back up!
As always, I am linking up with these fabulous ladies so go check 'em out.

Happy Wednesday ya'll!


YOU ARE KILLN' IT WOMAN! Her birthday looks so fun!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is so cute and I love the Minnie theme! You are doing great, doll!
ReplyDeleteLots of great things going on at your place! Happy Birthday to the little one. She is so beautiful! Congrats on the new job offer! I am new this week on the hop. I followed you.
ReplyDeletehttp://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/
Keep it up!! I can't wait to someday get under 200.. I think I'll just cry and jump up and down simultaneously for a couple hours aha.
ReplyDeleteBrynlee is ADORABLE! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on onderland! (I have lost my weight very, very slowly as well. It gets frustrating to see the scale drop a few ounces at a time, but - a big BUT - it's dropping and that's okay.)
Congrats on the job!
Good things going on in your life. :-)
Congrats for making it to Onederland! Wootwoot! And that lil baby is just to darn cute. Also, by the way...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry i am using your comment area to write you a message BUT I just now realized that you are probably not receiving ANY of my replies to your sweet and very much appreciated comments on my blog. Aparently, there is a thing called "no-reply" commentor which means that if your email is not linked up to your comments then the owner of the blog post can not reply back to your comment via email. I had no clue of this until today! I feel just horrible because I've been blogging and replying to comments for MONTH now without knowing that people weren't receiving a reply from me. I'm sorry, girl!