No Weigh-In Wednesday for me this week! I haven't weighed myself since Saturday morning. I just don't weigh myself when the evil Aunt Flow comes to town. My weight always goes up 3-4 pounds that week then goes back down the next so why stress myself out with seeing that "gain" on the scale? So I don't bother! I'll have a new Weigh in post next week. :)
I last posted on Saturday after my "early" morning run with my sis-in-law. It felt good, but different, to run in the morning. I am so used to running after 8pm so running before 8am was a little different for me. I still did okay though. We had a good weekend. My mom kept Brynlee Saturday night and then wanted to keep her Sunday until we came over for Sunday night dinner. I slept until 11:30 on Sunday morning! Wwwhat! That's crazy. Even when Joey gets up with Brynlee, I don't typically sleep later than 9am. It was nice.
I skipped running Sunday and Monday. Sunday was rainy and I just wanted to take a nap. I could have gone to the gym with Paige (with her guest pass), but I just didn't want to. I wanted to enjoy having a kid-free day and nap by myself. I didn't have long to nap anyway because we had to get ready to go to my Mom's. When Paige got back from the gym, I kinda wished I would have gone, but it's okay to skip a day to nap, right? :)
I felt horrible on Monday. Horrendous cramps, massive back pain, horrible headache, super achy and tired...the whole 9. It was rainy again so I don't know if the weather put Brynlee in a funk or if she knew I felt bad, but she was very cuddly. This kid is GO-GO-GO! She is constantly on the move. So for her to lay with me on the couch and watch TV/a movie is a miracle. It was nice to just relax with my love bug. I normally have a difficult time working out during that time of the month. I just feel so gross and sweating just makes that feeling worse. So I knew there would be no talking me into going for a run. Nope.
I woke up yesterday feeling 100% better and there was NO WAY I'd be skipping 3 days in a row! I've been working out strong for the last 6 weeks and I have not skipped more than 2 days in a row. The more days you skip, the easier it is to keep skipping! I don't want that to happen to me again. Paige partially worked from home yesterday. We had to go grocery shopping yesterday so we decided to go to the gym before my brother got home, then eat dinner, and then go to the store. I love to have a plan! We went to the gym around 4:15 or so. I am not sure of the exact time. When we got there, it was pretty busy. When I ran on the indoor track last Thursday, I was the only one up there for most of my run. Yesterday, the indoor track had around 10-12 people on it. I hate when there's that many people. I had plans to start Week 5 of C25k. Eek! At first, everyone was walking so I fit right in with my 5 minute brisk warm-up walk. I was going pretty fast and my legs were burning already. Then I started my 5 minute run. That's when it got a little tough because I had to weave around people. Most of them were walking on the inside lane (as the sign says), but two people were walking fast on the outside lane. So I had to run around them. It was annoying. I was trying to keep up with how many laps I ran, but that's too hard because it goes by fast. The indoor track is small. Then I did a 3 minute walk and stopped to stretch my legs. They were seriously hurting so bad. I never have to stop to stretch them. Then I continued with a 5 minute run, 3 minute walk, 5 minute run, and 5 minute walk. Then I alternated run/walk a lap until I got to 2 miles.
I was quite a bit slower yesterday. Normally I get 2.25 miles in 35-37 minutes. Both of my legs were hurting horribly bad and then all of the people...I just felt off. Do you see that bulge in my leg? Yeah, I had that on both legs. That's my left leg. I used to always get shin splints in my right leg then I started wearing a compression sleeve and it worked wonders! I get that bulge in my right leg a bit higher up more on the outer right side of my shin. My left leg is a lot lower on the outer left side. It's weird. It hurts, but the bulge goes away. I am still sore in that spot on my right leg, but my left one doesn't hurt anymore. I don't know what it is. Any ideas?
I plan to go to the gym again tonight. With Paige's 2 week guest pass, I figure I may as well use the gym a lot. :) She has Blue Cross Blue Shield and pays $25 a month and can go to any of the approved gyms on the list. The one we go to is at the hospital near our house. They even have a Woman's Only workout area that has weights, a treadmill, and a stair stepper. I love that idea (as far as the weights) because I do not like to lift weights out in the open with all of the muscly guys and skinny girls. No thanks.
I have a job interview tonight from 4:00-5:00pm. So I hope that goes well. Then I have a phone interview tomorrow. On Friday morning, I received an e-mail requesting a 2nd interview from a company that I would really like to work for. So that 2nd interview is on July 22nd. *crosses fingers* I am also in the process of planning for Brynlee's 2nd birthday party. She is obsessed with Minnie Mouse so we're doing that as her theme. We're just having it at a park with family (all two billion of them) and a few friends. We don't really have many friends down here yet. We invited some friends from Wichita Falls, but I don't think any of them are coming.
The headbands in all of my pictures are Brady Bands. They are just the standard sized band. Has anyone purchased any of the wide bands? I'd really like to order a couple, but I am not sure if I will like them because I have a small head. So I am just curious if any of you have purchased the wide Brady Bands? *echo*
When it rains, do you skip working out? Go the gym? Run in the rain? Do a different workout?


I have a similar bulge on both my legs, but it is smack dab on my shin bone and about half way between my foot and my knee. I know it's shin splints, I know I need new shoes, but can't afford them right now. I have been working on stretching my calf muscles and that has helped a lot. (I've heard that tight calf muscles cause shin splints, and the stretches seem to help.) Also, ice. However, I don't know if your bulge is shin splints or not because it's in a different spot than mine.
ReplyDeleteIf I didn't run in the rain, I wouldn't run for 9 months out of the year, and I don't have a gym membership. Western WA is very rainy (I hate it).