I am linking up with the Motivation Monday Team again! Be sure to stop by the hosts' blogs, follow them, and leave them some love! Here's how you can find Wendy, Veronica, Morgan, Gwen, Tiff, Katie, and Alisha. I mentioned last week that it helps to find a buddy! You don't have to run with the buddy or even SEE your buddy. It's just someone to hold you accountable with your eating, running, etc. Katie @ Runs For Cookies has posted that her sister is her accountability partner. They both text each other to keep each other focused on their healthy eating. She has lost LOTS of weight and is to her goal yet still needs an accountability partner! So find yourself a buddy!
This week, my advice is to have a good support system. Does your husband/boyfriend/wife/family/friend support you? Do you have someone to call when you've had a really bad day? Do you have someone to call when you've had a really good day? I love being able to talk to my sis-in-law Paige and my sister Ashley. Ashley has been working out for a while and has lost over 20 pounds. She goes to the gym a lot and is really focused on being healthy. She is very motivational and very supportive of me (in all areas of my life). It helps that we are very close. Paige is wanting to get healthy as well. We were going to workout together multiple times a week, but her knees have been hurting so she has to slow down a little. Since we live together right now, we also meal plan and try to focus on making healthy meals for us and our husbands. I also always post pictures related to my workout on Facebook. I have friends who comment supportive things like, "Good job!" or even just "liking" the photo is supportive to me. If you surround yourself with people who don't think you'll be successful then it's even harder to succeed. You can still do it, but it takes more determination, commitment, and hard work. And we all know losing weight ALREADY takes a lot of those three things! If you have someone in your life who says things like, "Well we'll see how long this lasts" or laughs at you when you jiggle while you run then that person is NOT SUPPORTIVE of you and is going to laugh IF you fail! If you have someone in your life who knows you're trying to eat right and exercise, but talks about how they lost SO much weight with such-and-such weight loss pill then this person is not supportive of you doing it the "right" way. They may think they are being supportive, but they're not. I get very frustrated when someone tells me they lost 40 pounds in 3 months by taking whatever the latest miracle pill is yet I am running 4-5 days a week and counting calories and have "only" lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. *rolls eyes* I won't continue to list every possible way a person can be supportive or unsupportive, but have a good support system!
Weekend Recap...
I started out doing very well on Saturday. I got up and ran at the hospital. I was eating pretty well and keeping up with my calories through MyFitnessPal. See...
In order to see the scale go down and see a difference in my body, I have got to exercise AND control my plate. I am the only person who controls what goes in my mouth. Nobody holds me down and shoves pizza in my mouth. Nobody tells me that I have to eat pizza. It's such a weakness for me. I know that it's OKAY to eat pizza, but limit the amount that I have. I am really going to be working on that this week! I am meal planning right now so that Paige and I can go to the store later. We eat healthy when we have healthy food in the house. If we don't, we eat out a lot more or I skip breakfast. No good!
1600 calories of fruit, veggies, lean protein, and healthy carbs is obviously much better for me than 1600 calories of pizza, Mexican food, and other unhealthy food. DUH! I need to build this habit and run with it!
I started out doing very well on Saturday. I got up and ran at the hospital. I was eating pretty well and keeping up with my calories through MyFitnessPal. See...
After breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack, I had 887 remaining calories for the day including my exercise calories. We haven't gone grocery shopping so I really wasn't sure what we were going to have for dinner. My brother and sis-in-law took us out to dinner at this Italian place that we all LOVE. It is so delicious. I ended up having pizza! I am such a sucker for pizza. I could eat it multiple times a week. Thank God, I don't! I did order a "healthier" pizza with chicken, spinach, white onion, and black olives. I ate 3 pieces. This restaurant doesn't have a nutritional menu online. I was curious as to how many calories the pizza may have been so I went to this website to enter my pizza. It said my small pizza (12in, 8 pieces) was 1,471 calories. So divided by 8=183.875 a slice. I had 3 slices so about 552 calories. Not TOO bad for eating pizza. BUT I also had 2 pieces of bread dipped in alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese. Yikes! I also had fresh mozzarella with tomatoes, but I only had 2. It was SO GOOD. I ended up eating way too much. I really should have stopped at 2 pieces of pizza, but it was just so delicious.
Sunday I accidentally skipped breakfast. I normally have Spark and breakfast, but I skipped it. We went to Sunday lunch with my sis-in-law's family. We were going to Logan's Roadhouse so I hopped on the menu and pre-planned what I was going to have. I definitely recommend doing that if you're going out to eat. Actually SEEING how many calories are in something you may eat is a huge eye opener. We got to Logan's and the wait for our party was an hour to an hour and a half! WWWHAT! It was already like 12:30 or so. Plus we had Brynlee. There's no way that child is going to be happy waiting for that long and then having to wait for our food. So we went to Red Robin. I knew it was a burger place, but had never been there. So I'll be honest, I was a bit nervous to go there. I really wanted this California Wrap on a Spinach tortilla. So I looked up the calories AND it says it was something like 1,034. Uh, no. I ended up getting this delicious Avo-Cobb-O Salad with Baja Ranch and I am SO happy I got it. It was absolutely delicious. It had avocado, bacon, grilled chicken, black olives, tomatoes, egg, and blue cheese crumbles. With the dressing and a piece of focaccia bread, it was 749 calories. 749 healthy calories.
I spent a few hours tanning in the pool Paige and Kyle bought this weekend from Target. It's a 10 foot pool and such a great idea. We just sat around, listening to music, and playing with Brynlee. She loves it and doesn't have to wear a life jacket or ring. The guys went to play disc golf so we had.....pizza. Like I said, I LOVE pizza. Sigh.
Even if I were to workout every day or multiple times a day, you can't outrun a bad diet.
Sunday I accidentally skipped breakfast. I normally have Spark and breakfast, but I skipped it. We went to Sunday lunch with my sis-in-law's family. We were going to Logan's Roadhouse so I hopped on the menu and pre-planned what I was going to have. I definitely recommend doing that if you're going out to eat. Actually SEEING how many calories are in something you may eat is a huge eye opener. We got to Logan's and the wait for our party was an hour to an hour and a half! WWWHAT! It was already like 12:30 or so. Plus we had Brynlee. There's no way that child is going to be happy waiting for that long and then having to wait for our food. So we went to Red Robin. I knew it was a burger place, but had never been there. So I'll be honest, I was a bit nervous to go there. I really wanted this California Wrap on a Spinach tortilla. So I looked up the calories AND it says it was something like 1,034. Uh, no. I ended up getting this delicious Avo-Cobb-O Salad with Baja Ranch and I am SO happy I got it. It was absolutely delicious. It had avocado, bacon, grilled chicken, black olives, tomatoes, egg, and blue cheese crumbles. With the dressing and a piece of focaccia bread, it was 749 calories. 749 healthy calories.
I spent a few hours tanning in the pool Paige and Kyle bought this weekend from Target. It's a 10 foot pool and such a great idea. We just sat around, listening to music, and playing with Brynlee. She loves it and doesn't have to wear a life jacket or ring. The guys went to play disc golf so we had.....pizza. Like I said, I LOVE pizza. Sigh.
Even if I were to workout every day or multiple times a day, you can't outrun a bad diet.
In order to see the scale go down and see a difference in my body, I have got to exercise AND control my plate. I am the only person who controls what goes in my mouth. Nobody holds me down and shoves pizza in my mouth. Nobody tells me that I have to eat pizza. It's such a weakness for me. I know that it's OKAY to eat pizza, but limit the amount that I have. I am really going to be working on that this week! I am meal planning right now so that Paige and I can go to the store later. We eat healthy when we have healthy food in the house. If we don't, we eat out a lot more or I skip breakfast. No good!
1600 calories of fruit, veggies, lean protein, and healthy carbs is obviously much better for me than 1600 calories of pizza, Mexican food, and other unhealthy food. DUH! I need to build this habit and run with it!
I am moving up to 2.75 miles tonight. I am SO nervous. I am going to attempt Week 4 of c25k. I should be on Week 5 this week, but I repeated Week 3 last week. What are you doing for exercise this week?
Do you have a good support system? Who is the most supportive of you and your goals (weight loss or other goals)?
Have a great week!



So true!!! A good supportive team is a must. My family and friends are great but my husband is my number one cheerleader! He always compliments me when he sees improvements or when he sees me trying my best.
ReplyDeleteEating the right foods can be difficult sometimes. Like you said, it is okay to indulge in foods like pizza sometimes but there are times where those indulgences become full blown binges for me! O_o
Thanks for linking up and the shout girlie!
My hubs definitely needs to work on his supportive gene. He's not good in that area, lol. I wish he was!
DeleteSupport is so important! I could use a little more in my life. I love linking up with everyone. I find great support here!
ReplyDeleteAmen! I feel that linking up/reading other blogs really supports me! Even if people don't comment, I still feel that the support is there! :)
DeleteSupport really is so important when you are trying to change your lifestyle! My husband is a great support but I am also in a group on Facebook and it helps a lot to be in a group with people going through the same thing at the same time!
ReplyDeleteFood is also a big issue for me at times. I really have to plan my day out or I am sunk. Weekdays seem to be much easier for me!
Having good support makes it so much easier! My husband compliments me and cheers me on all the time, if I could only get him to eat more of the foods I like... He loves the nights I'm willing to indulge.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby will eat whatever I make, lol. He may not enjoy it as much as he would if he was eating a double bacon cheeseburger with eggs and nacho cheese, BUT...he still eats what I cook. :)
DeleteSo true! The people around you can make or break you. I could not do it without my support system. Thanks for linking up with us!
ReplyDeleteYep, I try to surround myself with supportive people. I try to get rid of the toxic people!
DeleteWhere would we be without our supporters? You make SUCH a good point! And I try to pre-plan my meals as well! Especially when going out to eat--I'll be honest though, I love the rolls at Logan's! They are so yummy! I'm loving your blog!
ReplyDeleteI loooooove Logan's rolls, too! And they are 227 calories without butter, LOL. Yikes!
DeleteGood luck and it's so nice to help supporters isn't it? My weakness would be gummy bears and blow pops...haha!
ReplyDelete