Friday, July 19, 2013

Not an indoor runner :(

I used to love running on the indoor track when I had a membership to the Y. So with all of the rain lately, I've been running on the indoor track at Paige's gym. It's 15 laps around the track to equal a mile so it's a small track. It was 12 laps around at the Y. I don't know if my legs hurt SO BAD because it's a smaller track where I am turning more often or what, but my workouts have been awful. I feel like I am running fast then I look down at my Garmin and I'm not. So I push myself to run harder, but feel like my legs aren't getting the job done. I've often had to stop, pause my Garmin, and get a drink of water and stretch my legs. I never do that outside. It's very frustrating to me. When I know that I normally do 2.25 miles in 35-37 minutes then I look down and see that I BARELY did 2.04 miles in 37 minutes...yeah, frustrated. With a 5 minute warm up walk, I've gotten my mile time down to a little over 15 minutes. (I know, still slow, but I'm improving.) My mile time on the indoor track has been between 17-18 minutes. WTF! Can you see why I am frustrated??!
46 minutes to do 2.5 miles. *shakes head* I normally do 2.80+ miles in 45 minutes. I know that some people run better indoors, some better outdoors. So I guess I am destined to be an outdoor runner. Check out those sexy compression sleeves, lol. I normally wear only one on my right leg because of shin splints, but with the way my legs have been feeling I decided to wear both. I normally wear shorts when I work out, but decided to wear a pair of capris that I haven't worn in a while. When I put on the compression sleeves, I had flashbacks of playing softball in high school. I seriously looked like I needed my softball glove. I'm sure I looked silly, but I don't care. I need them! I think they help. My legs didn't hurt as badly as they did on Tuesday so that's good.

I was supposed to get up and go run at the gym with Paige this morning. Brynlee usually wakes up by 7:30 and has done that every single morning for weeks. Sometimes earlier than 7am. She slept until 8:08 today. Seriously. I never set an alarm because she is my alarm. We were supposed to get up and be out of the house by 8am to hit the gym, get back to the house, and get ready to go to this local waterpark with a friend and her daughter. When we woke up, I noticed Paige was gone. I feel bad because I really wanted to go and I made sure all of my clothes and gear was out. I know I should have set an alarm. Now I'll have to run this evening to make sure I get a workout in.

I am getting frustrated because the scale won't go under 200.4. I feel like I am losing inches, but I have to get a new measuring tape because Brynlee broke the other one. I haven't taken my measurements since April. I am in a Facebook group that is doing a Challenge for the next 10 weeks. It's through a blogger that I follow. So I have to submit before photos (yuck), measurements, and a picture of the scale. I plan to do that tomorrow so I have to get a measuring tape today. I know that the before photos will really make me upset so I am trying to mentally prepare for that. I know that I will WANT those before photos someday and photos are important to track progress. I just hate knowing that I am this big, this size, this out of shape. I am happy that I am doing something about it, but it's still depressing.


I've only worked out twice this week. Luckily, my Aunt left town so I feel better now. Now I can stop dreaming about salt. I CRAVE salt when Aunt Flow is in town!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I have never ran on a track, ever. I would think it would be boring and the turns would get old. However, the treadmill is super boring, but I do that . . . :-)

    I totally want knee high socks. Decorative ones, they don't have to be compression, but that might help my shin splints. :-)

    ReplyDelete