*Sigh* Another Weigh-in Wednesday. I have good news, but wish I had BETTER news to share and brag about! I was really hoping that I'd get under 200 today. But no such luck! Hopefully next week...
Starting Weight 6/10/13: 205
Last Week: 201.8
This Week: 200.4
+/-: (-1.4)
Last Week: 201.8
This Week: 200.4
+/-: (-1.4)
Total Loss: (-4.6 lbs)
I know, I know. A loss is a loss! Especially after I posted about my frequent pizza eating over the weekend. "Pizza in the morning, Pizza in the evening, Pizza in the afternoooon..." Okay, not really. But I did have a lot of pizza last weekend. I just feel like my weight loss is going very slow. I'm tracking calories, working out, and it's just slowly falling off. I need to step up my game a bit. I only ran 3 days last week. I ran Monday night (2.81 miles!), but skipped last night. I planned to run, but we had family over for dinner and they left around 8:30pm. I was already in my workout clothes, but not my gear. I didn't feel like going for a run. I had this mental battle, "Yep...go!", "Nope, it's getting late..." American Ninja Warrior won that battle.
I made a semi-good recipe last night. I always seem to want to make new recipes that take a lot of work. So I feel like I spend forever prepping and cooking and then 10 minutes eating. I think it would have been better if all of the chicken breasts had fully thawed first. A few of them were still semi frozen so I had to cook them a little longer which resulted in the chicken being a bit dry. But who am I kidding? I am not good at cooking chicken anyway. I don't know why I can never get it right. Even if I use the George Foreman Grill and follow the exact instructions on cooking it, it never turns out right. I spent a lot of time making this meal. It was kind of last minute (Monday evening) that everyone (Mom, Step-Dad, Sister, and Brother-in-Law) would be coming over for dinner because my sister and BIL were coming in to town yesterday. I already had the Garlic & Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Red Potatoes on the menu for the week, but had to grab a few extras for all 9 of us. I also made this Parmesan Yellow Squash and also a side of carrots. Total calories for one serving of everything: 462 calories. Not bad!
We had mini strawberry shortcakes for dessert. So delicious. I had two of them and it was 182 calories. Not bad for dessert! I don't eat dessert often, but I love strawberry shortcake. We used mini sponge cakes from the bakery at Wal-Mart, fat free cool whip, and I cut up small strawberries. Brynlee mostly just ate the strawberries and cool whip. She ate a little bit of the cake, but that girl LOVES fruit! She must get that from me. I could eat almost all fruit.
Brynlee is staying the night with my mom tonight because I have an interview tomorrow morning. I have no excuse not to go for a run tonight. Plus, I am itching to see 2.75 miles again on my Garmin! It's such a good feeling to know that I am getting better. I just wish the scale would reflect that a little bit faster!
Be sure to check out the hosts of Weigh-in Wednesday!
Heather @ Pretty Strong Medicine
Ash @ A Step In The Right Direction
Bailey @ Being Bailey J
Amy @ Write This Down
Heather @ Pretty Strong Medicine
Ash @ A Step In The Right Direction
Bailey @ Being Bailey J
Amy @ Write This Down
Also, check out the blog links at the bottom of their posts and be sure to leave some comment love. Bloggers love comments! :)
Do you get excited about ANY loss on the scale?
Do you eat the same meals often?
Where do you get your recipes?
Are you a dessert person?
Do you eat the same meals often?
Where do you get your recipes?
Are you a dessert person?



Woohoo!! Congrats!! I would love to see 200 anything on my scale :) You've worked so hard! You're an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I was 198 at the beginning of the year so I am trying to lose the weight I have gained since then! But we all have to start somewhere! :)
DeleteOh yes, I definetly get excited over ANY loss. Yes, I eat the same meals over and over sometimes. I do love Hungry Girl for some good reciepes. And I like dessert but I can live without it too.
ReplyDeleteYayyy-- congrats on the loss this week, especially in the wake of pizza (which I'm now seriously craving...). You're so close to being under 200-- good luck this week! :)
ReplyDeleteGood loss :) I love the Rachael Ray dishes - I am coming over to steal them :)
ReplyDeleteGreat loss. I love strawberry shortcake!!
ReplyDelete