Saturday, July 20, 2013

Runner Poops in Yard

Have any of you seen this video? Runner Poops In Yard If not, it's a funny but gross story. Don't worry, it doesn't show anything bad. It's just a funny story. So I watched that news story the other day. My sis-in-law got me up at 6:30 (okay, 6:39) to go run this morning. I did my 5 minute warm up then started my 8 minute run when OH MY GOSH, I had to go to the bathroom! I know that Spark makes me GO, but I had only had a few drinks of it before I started my workout. Luckily, we went to the rec center today instead of the hospital so there was a bathroom by baseball fields. After I was done, I saw Paige on the path and decided to cut across the parking lot to catch up to her. I looked at my pace and was running an 11:something minute mile. That's a little fast for me so I was really tired when I caught up to her. I ended up doing 2 miles today. My goal was/is to increase my mileage by .25 miles each week, but I didn't do that this week. I didn't even do the 2.75 miles that I did last week. Paige and I ride together and I feel bad going so long after she is done with her workout. I know she probably wouldn't mind if I finished out another .75 miles because it really doesn't take THAT long, but I always feel bad saying I am going to keep going.


So this morning I did a little more walking than I have been doing at the gym. Yet I did 2 miles 6 minutes faster today. I am convinced that I need to recalibrate my footpod. Yep, for sure. I just KNEW I was running faster on the track than what my Garmin was telling me. I knew I was pushing myself to run faster, harder, longer. Then getting so frustrated and disappointed that I wasn't running as fast as I thought. So I will definitely be recalibrating it the next time I go to Paige's gym. I only have until Friday to go for free since I am just using her 2 week guest pass. When my alarm went off this morning, I did not want to get up. I did lay out my clothes the night before so at least I didn't have to search for everything. Once I am out there running, I am so glad that I did it. SO GLAD. Then I feel nice and energized for my day. I am happy that my SIL is making me get up, lol.

So for the challenge that I'm in, I have to take before pictures (gag), take my measurements, and submit a picture of the scale for my before weight. I forgot to do that this morning because I didn't weigh before I ran. So I am going to do that one tomorrow. Paige took my before pictures, but I haven't looked at them yet. Just the thought of looking at them makes me feel so sick to my stomach. Ugh. I did my measurements annnnnnnd I lost .50 inches on my chest (under my boobs, over my boobs is still the same) and I lost 2 inches on my waist! Wwwwhat! I am so excited. My hips are still the same. The scale hasn't gone under 200.4 yet, but I so happy to see that I lost inches! That is very motivating for me.

I honestly am so happy that I have almost completed 6 weeks of running 3-5 times a week. Obviously my goal is 5 times a week, but I don't always do that. This week, I have only ran 3: Tuesday, Thursday, and today. But I am running tomorrow so that will be 4 days. I do feel like I will never be able to run 3.1 miles without walking. I have to be positive and tell myself that it takes TIME! And I've only been hitting it hard for these 6 weeks. I cannot wait to see where I am in 6 months! :) That excites me.

What are you doing for exercise this weekend?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment