Saturday, July 13, 2013
Early morning run
I've mentioned, quite often, that I have a hard time getting up early in the morning to exercise. I always say I will and then I don't. Joey and Kyle had plans to leave the house at 8am to go play disc golf for a few hours. We have plans when they get back so in order to get a run in today, I had to get up early and be back before 8am. I set my alarm for 6:30am. I am surprised to admit that I was excited to get up. My alarm went off and, out of habit, I snoozed it. It snoozes for 9 minutes. I didn't even close my eyes though. I stayed in bed for 4 minutes just looking at the weather (77 degrees) and Facebook. Then I LEAPED (okay, not really) out of bed and got ready. Paige and I were out of the house before 7am.
I obviously looked super excited to be up, huh? I "only" got in 2.25 miles today. At first, I thought my pace was a lot slower than usual, but I went through my picture folder and I had the same pace. I save all of my workout pictures with the date so that I can keep track of my progress. Smart, huh? :) I was thinking that I normally do 2.50 miles in the 35 minute range, but when I took a look at my pictures, I realized I normally do 2.50 miles in the 40-42 minute range. So while I did do my run today a little slower, it was only slightly slower than my "norm".
It felt great to accomplish a goal: get up early to run. My sister said she has a hard time running in the evenings because she feels like she doesn't get it done if she waits until evening. Then she doesn't feel like going. I am like that sometimes, but I just love running at night. I did feel good getting up early to run, but was disappointed that I didn't get my 2.75 miles in. Since we had to be back to the house by 8, I guess I didn't leave the house early enough. I'll have to get up earlier next time...wait, what? Ugh. =)
We have a busy day ahead of us. Brynlee is staying the night with my Mom. We are having an "adult day" and doing a little shopping for Brynlee's birthday party and then going out for dinner and drinks later so this is a short post today. I have got to make sure I stay on track, calories wise, when we have lunch and dinner.
When you workout, what is your ideal time of day/night? If you're a runner, are you an indoor or outdoor runner?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Morning is my time to train. Bright and early before the child-beasts get up and cling to my leg. Hope your adult day over the weekend was fab!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, evenings are my favorite time to run. The only thing that propels me out of bed at the ungodly hour of 5:30 (when I have to run in order to get to work) is the thought that I will have NO time later in the day and I've already used my rest days. Otherwise, I go back to sleep.
ReplyDeleteGood job on the 2.25 miles, 2.25 is better than 0. :-)