Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday #2

Here I am! I was MIA yesterday because I met up with some awesome ladies and their kiddos for a meet up. I have talked to these ladies online for over 2 years because we're all on a Parenting forum. So since we all live in the DFW area, we decided to meet up...finally! It was so much fun. We left the house around 9:30am and got back around 4pm! So it was a great, fun day.

As always, I am linking up with Heather, Ash, Bailey, and Amy for Weigh In Wednesday! So click the button below and scroll to the bottom of Heather's blog to check out a bunch of different bloggers!
Pretty Strong Medicine
 
I weighed in today, but forgot to take a picture of the scale because I was so pissed off. LOL
Starting Weight 6/10/13: 205
Last Week: 200.8
This Week: 201.8
+/-: (+1.0)
Total Loss: (-3.2 lbs)
 
I just did not feel like cooking dinner or running last night. For our meet up, we went to a large mall and pushed the kiddos around in the strollers, had lunch, then walked some more. I got a bit of exercise in, but I didn't bring my Garmin to track my pace or how long/far we walked. So I didn't count that as exercise. Since I didn't feel like cooking, we had Taco Bell for dinner. I had two burritos. I barely went over my calories yesterday with the Taco Bell and the candy I got at the mall, but sodium kicks my ass. If I don't drink like 3 gallons of water then my weight the next day is always high. It has been consistently decreasing each day that I have weighed so I know today's weight is thanks to that good ole Taco Bell. I know my weight will go back down next week. Hopefully I will refrain from having Taco Bell the night before a weigh in! Hah!
 
I had a nice workout on Monday night. I have made a goal for myself to increase my mileage by 0.25 miles each week. I've been getting up to 2.25 miles so I decided it was time to move up to 2.50 miles. After dinner, we went to the park for a little while and the guys played disc golf. After we played, we went back to the house and Paige stayed at home (her knees have been really hurting her) with the kiddo while I went for a run. I went to the hospital and had my mind set to do 2.50 miles. It's pretty much exactly 1 mile around the hospital path. So I set off and planned to do twice around and then run 0.25 miles out and then the 0.25 miles back to my car. Mission accomplished!
 
I am very proud of myself. Week 3 of c25k is only 28 minutes. So I did that and then kept going until I completed the 2.55 miles. At first, I felt like I was just not ready to move on to Week 4 so I am going to continue doing Week 3 for the rest of this week. I have plans to attempt Week 4 next Monday so I am really hoping I can do it! Week 4 goes like this: Brisk 5 minute warm up walk, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes and end with 5 minute cool-down walk. Uhhhh....yeah, not sure if I can handle that yet. :/
 
We are going to the Texas Ranger's baseball game tonight so I won't be running this evening. Instead, I did a "quick" 1 mile run. I am very proud of myself for running that mile! For about 0.20 miles, I was wogging, for sure. I was barely moving above a very slow walk and my chest felt like it was filled with heat. Then I looked down at my Garmin and saw that I had already gone 0.82 miles and I was like, "Okay...pick up the pace!!" So I picked it up a little to finish it out. It was freaking HOT out there though! My pace is getting faster! I put my run into Dailymile and it says my pace was 14:12! So I am definitely building up my endurance.
I have got to MAKE, seriously FORCE, myself to get up in the morning to run. We're supposed to spend the 4th of July BBQing poolside with Joey's brother and sis-in-law. We're supposed to go over there around 12pm. Joey is playing disc golf in the morning with some of his work friends so I have to get up and run before he leaves. Eeek! I am horrible about waking up early to exercise. Seriously. It's so hard!

When Brynlee wakes up early, we just lay in bed playing games on my phone or watching the Disney channel. Then I finally get up, have Spark, and I'm good. But getting up early, putting on work out clothes, driving to my running spot, and then...running?? Sigh. But I know that if I save my run for tomorrow evening, it just won't get done. And I want to get it done!
 
I skipped the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I know, I know. I already missed a day and it was only Day #2, LOL. I just hate it. I seriously hate doing the Shred. I am not sure why I am even challenging myself to do it. I am about to make myself do it while Brynlee is napping. Uggggggggh, I hate Jillian.
 
Speaking of Brynlee, we had fun being silly today...
Be sure to check out the Weigh In Wednesday hosts and check out some of the other bloggers that are linking up. Some of them are very inspirational!
 
What are you doing for exercise today?


5 comments:

  1. Great job with all your running! I don't know how you Texans do it. It's be pretty mild here in Ohio all things considered - lots of rain. Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do you run in the rain? I've always wanted to be one of those people who runs rain, snow, heat, etc. I even bought a pink waterproof jacket when I saw it on clearance at JcPenney. I haven't used it yet, but it doesn't rain a lot here. I am hoping that I'll be one of those people by the time Fall/Winter comes around, lol.

      Delete
  2. You are keeping up with the exercising, don't worry about the weight gain we all go through those times. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I think it is SO hard to see even a teeny tiny gain on the scale when I am running and keeping up with calories. I do know that I can always do better! :)

      Delete
  3. I am totally stealing your picture of waking up in the morning. That was exactly how I felt this morning, however, I pushed myself out of bed to run, otherwise it would have been 3 days in a row of no running!
    (If you can't tell, I'm a little behind in my reading.)

    ReplyDelete