Monday, June 24, 2013

Motivational Monday

MotivationMonday

Today I am going to link up with Wendy over at Daily Dose of Del Signore for her Motivational Monday Team! There are a few things, or shall I say people, that keep me going. First of all, when I get Facebook messages like the ones below, I feel SO pumped that I have motivated someone else and that motivates me! It's like this cute little motivational circle. :)

 
Those messages right there are motivation for me! I have wondered like a billion times if people get annoyed by my Facebook posts about my runs, pictures of my Garmin after a run, and motivational quotes I can't stop finding on Pinterest. I keep doing it though. I feel like it keeps me accountable. I love these rules of motivation:


Those 5 things are my words of advice! I talk about running, I blog about running, I post about running! I look up quotes that tell me that you have to start somewhere! I put goals and rewards on my phone for me to see. I keep my workout gear where I can see it daily. I posted recently about focusing on myself and not worrying about what other people think of me here. Lastly, I love to work out by myself, but I am also running with my sister-in-law. She is trying to lose weight and get healthy, too! Since we are living together right now, it's easy for us to motivate each other. I love to put on my workout gear and then see her go put her gear on! So implement those 5 things, stick to them, and get out there and get healthy!

I did really well with my goals from last week. As I posted last night, I don't think I am quite ready for Week 3 of C25K, but I think I would surprise myself if I tried. I am just too nervous to try. I don't think I will be able to run for 3 minutes straight! I do have a NSV though. Last night, during my late night run, I only looked at my C25k app ONCE during my run times and I had 3 seconds left! Sometimes I look at my watch and I'm like, "Oh Gosh...I still have to jog for 30 more seconds!" So I feel like I am making progress fairly quickly. My goal this week is: Keep doing what I'm doing!

What motivates you??

6 comments:

  1. Aw, those messages are so sweet! Keep doing what you're doing! Thanks for linking up with us!

    Tiff
    thefittrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just recently started linking up with my favorite bloggers so I still have a lot to learn about the blog world, lol

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome! Great thought to keep pushing because there are others supporting you and being inspired by you. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than students I've worked with, I never really thought of myself as inspirational, but I have been receiving very nice messages saying that my workout posts have inspired them. That makes me feel GREAT!

      Delete
  3. Love it! It makes such a big difference when you have an awesome support group! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! It's hard to be positive when people around you are negative so I am glad I have supportive people around me.

      Delete