Monday, July 1, 2013

Motivational Monday

MotivationMonday
 
It's time for Motivational Monday guys! I am linking up (again) with some fabulous bloggers: Wendy, Veronica, Morgan, Gwen, Tiff, Katie, & Alisha so go check out their blogs!
 
I am beyond excited that it is a new month! I love when a new month starts on a Monday. I think it's the "fresh start" mentality. I took a few days off to let the cut on my thigh heal so I wouldn't make it worse by running. Chub rub is no joke, ya'll! Last month, I posted that I would be starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred on July 1st! So I am linking up with Amber (one of my favorite bloggers ever) and Holly for their July 30 Day Shred Challenge! Amber also pointed out that it is 6 months until New Year's! I do not want my New Year's resolution to be the same ole variations of lose weight, get healthy, blah blah blah. I want to be happy with my progress in 6 months and CONTINUE to stay on the healthy train.
 
My motivational Monday advice: find a buddy! Find someone that works out with you, at the same place/time as you, or someone to text/call you to make sure you worked out, or maybe you need someone to ask about your FOOD intake! My SIL left on Friday for vacation this weekend. I planned to just skip Thursday and Friday to let my leg heal. I ended up needing a little longer anyway, but I didn't work out the whole time she was gone. Yep, I took 4 days off. I haven't taken 4 days off for the month of June! There's just something about having someone who relies on you or someone you rely on! My SIL and I don't stay together when we go run together, but we're both THERE. We go at completely different paces and we are also on different levels of c25k. Speaking of c25k, I will be repeating Week 3 this week. I am not ready for Week 4 and am not even going to attempt it. I want to MASTER Week 3 this week!
 
My weekend eating sucked. Friday, we went to dinner at Cheddar's. I had the lemon pepper chicken breast with steamed broccoli and broccoli cheese casserole. Joey wanted spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer so of course I had some of that. Joey wanted to share a cookie monster, but I said NO!
 
I did have dessert, but I had a mini strawberry cheesecake shot thing. I don't know how many calories it had, but it was much better than having that damn cookie monster. I had my leftovers for lunch on Saturday, but we had CiCi's for dinner on Saturday. I ate like a fat girl. Normally I always have a salad first at a buffet, but their lettuce looked disgusting! It was all yellow. It wasn't green AT ALL. We went to the pool on Sunday and I ended up having {almost} 3 beers. We had dinner at my mom's and she made one of my favorite Skinnytaste meals--Chicken Salsa Verde tacos (it was my idea).
 
So today I am hitting it hard and going to do 2.5 miles tonight as well as start the 30 Day Shred. Since I am STILL not working, I plan to do the Shred during Brynlee's nap time today. I have never made it to Level 3 on the Shred. I've made it through Level 2, but could never do Level 3. I am planning to get through the whole thing this time even if I follow Anita for the modified versions of some of the workouts. If you've ever done any Jillian videos, does she motivate you or piss you off? It's 50/50 for me. She motivates me, but other times I want to punch her in the face. :)
 
What is motivating you this week?
 

7 comments:

  1. Girlfriend girlfriend! You know I hear ya on let loose this weekend in the food department. But as you mentioned the stars are aligned for a fresh start with the first of the month starting on a Monday. Let's kick some tail this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blogs, Amanda. You're a great writer, and you inspire me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Workout buddies are the best. The time seems to pass faster.

    I've completed 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Sometimes I am sore for days after but I love it. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian workouts. I have to remind myself about how great I will feel post workout because there are moments during the workout where 30 seconds feels like much, much longer.

    Good luck with 30 Day Shred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when I first started my run this evening, my legs were like cement blocks and I think that was from the 30 DS! Oh well, gotta keep it up! :)

      Delete